My name is Charles Mabbett and I’m in love with the digital world. I am also a news junkie and social media geek. I used to be a professional journalist. Now I’m a communications adviser and I also write for the sake of it, posting it here on my blog and for the great guys at Social Media NZ. My other interests include Post Punk, the natural world and observing the arrival of the Asian Century. I am hoping that learning Chinese will help me in a future that will have Chinese characteristics. Thanks for reading!
Ai Weiwei Al Jazeera ASNE Australia Bersih 2.0 Bin Laden British monarchy China China censorship China media China Media Project Chinese netizens Columbia crowd sourcing Curation digital earthquake Facebook Fantale Guangdong HARO Hunger Games Indie Rock injunction Internet iPhone Japan jounalism journalism London 2012 London riots Malaysia Manchester United memes microblogging news News International news media News of the World newspapers New Zealand New Zealand Herald New Zealand music Obama Olympic Games Olympics Osama phone hacking protest quake Queen Quora racism Royal Wedding rugby Rupert Murdoch Ryan Giggs Sina social media space shuttle technology The Guardian The Hunger Games tsunami Tumblr TV3 TVNZ Twitter Weibo Wellington Wenzhou train crash Will and Kate wireless internet YouTube zettabytes
Top Posts & Pages
Journalist at Radio New Zealand. I'm in love with the digital world. News junkie, Asia watcher and armchair footballer are some of the nouns that describe me.
- The Loudest Underwater Sound Ever Recorded Has No Scientific Explanation youtu.be/6jAs_u6LpcQ via @YouTube 3 days ago
- RT @DenofGeekUS: Is there real love between Ryan Gosling's K and Ana de Armas' Joi in Blade Runner 2049? denofgeek.com/us/movies/blad… https://t.… 5 days ago
- RT @SaraMichener: Listen to me & co-panelists talk #BladeRunner2049, why it passes the piss test, & the significance of replicants reading… 5 days ago
- Martyn Pepperell – Guest DJ Set (09.06.17) | dublab dublab.com/martyn-peppere… 1 week ago
- The most wonderful thing you'll see today. Tell me I'm wrong. twitter.com/docgovtnz/stat… 3 weeks ago
- RT @NZMorningReport: Today's show ends with the kererū. Remember to get outside & count them: greatkererucount.nz https://t.co/p1r3WESv… 3 weeks ago
- The Replicant: Inside the Dark Future of Blade Runner 2049 wired.com/2017/09/behind… via @WIRED 4 weeks ago
- Chris Morris' black comedy is now recognised as the 'Four Lions factor' in describing terrorist incompetence. theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/s… 1 month ago
- #RIPGrantHart : How Husker Du Drummer Changed Punk Rock rol.st/2wZ1L99 via @RollingStone 1 month ago
- Moana in Māori hits the big screen radionz.co.nz/news/te-manu-k… 1 month ago